Sunday, December 13, 2015

Coy's 5th Birthday!

 photo IMG_7715_zpsu8rt6xre.jpg
My little Coy turned FIVE back in August! Wow, how I love this kid. He is such a joy and makes us smile and laugh every day. He has a spunk and zest like no other. I am so happy and blessed to have him in my life. Even though he turned five in August and could have gone to kindergarten this school year, we decided to wait a year and I am SO glad we did. This has been such a special time for me having one more year with him before I send him off to school. I have enjoyed this school year so much getting to spend extra time with him and Nora. I am glad Coy can be my little boy just a little longer. He just loves life so much! He loves to play, loves to help do anything and everything, and can be a bit mischievous

We let him open a couple presents first thing in the morning.
 photo IMG_7696_zpsxaakawde.jpg  photo IMG_7703_zps0rdj9uic.jpg  photo IMG_7704_zps07vuwv9e.jpg

That morning, we also woke up to a tree that had fallen in our yard from the windstorm the night before. It was the first, and I am sure it will not be the last based on our location! We had some nice neighbors help Russ chainsaw it down and get it out of the yard.
 photo IMG_7692_zpsgpyfhfpw.jpg

I always have to get some pictures of the birthday boy on his special day! All of his faces and expressions crack me up.
 photo IMG_7705_zps7k8eww8r.jpg  photo IMG_7717_zpshw5ujqoa.jpg  photo IMG_7728_zps0p8dydfz.jpg  photo IMG_7731_zpskfkmumrp.jpg  photo IMG_7732_zpsebiylvep.jpg  photo IMG_7734_zpshhlo27py.jpg  photo IMG_7737_zps7mct8kxw.jpg

I have always been afraid of fondant, but finally gave it a try. I am so glad I did! It really wasn't bad at all! I am glad I have expanded my skills on cakes and am excited that I have opened more doors since trying fondant. That doesn't mean I particularly like making cakes. I really don't enjoy the process all that much, but the end results and the kids' reactions make it all worth it!
 photo IMG_7683_zpsw2hfen4c.jpg

In addition to the cake and ice cream and presents that night, we played some games outside and also had a movie night out in our back yard. We had little sodas and bags of popcorn for that. Coy got Big Hero 6 for his birthday, so we watched that...He also got How to Train Your Dragon 2, which went with his cake, but he chose the other movie instead.

 photo IMG_7749_zpsc11xlrpm.jpg  photo IMG_7752_zps8knthna4.jpg  photo IMG_7753_zpsu5qzf9zv.jpg 
No one could resist the little oreos, especially Coy!
 photo IMG_7755_zpsyk48vwlq.jpg  photo IMG_7757_zpsn0m4kdvo.jpg  photo IMG_7759_zpsozkswfgc.jpg  photo IMG_7770_zpslbzjrgmo.jpg
Bennett was such a sweet brother and wanted to make Coy something for his birthday. He had the idea and vision for a Baymax beanbag toss. It was fun making it with him and it turned out so good! (It also came in handy later for our Ward Halloween Carnival when I was in charge of a game!)
 photo IMG_7776_zpst3w8fn4f.jpg
Gotta love the Oreo beard that Coy is sporting in the rest of these pictures!
 photo IMG_7780_zps8n63trsv.jpg  photo IMG_7783_zpsxq7lcdba.jpg
 photo IMG_7785_zpsfvvebwpa.jpg  photo IMG_7786_zpssb4uxkhv.jpg

No comments: