Monday, May 4, 2009

You know that distant day in the future?...

Everyone has one...That day you wait for, look forward to, dream about...Well that day for us came this past Friday. Russell graduated with his Masters Degree! We are so excited and glad that from here on out, no more school or homework forever. (At least we're pretty sure.) Don't get me wrong, we were way excited when we graduated with our Bachelors', but we always knew that Masters Degree for Russ was lingering in the future. There are certain milestones we've been excited for in our lives...Marriage, Bachelor's Degrees, babies, first home, and now we've reached one of the last ones in our immediate future. It feels great! We've been so immensely blessed in our lives for things to turn out so well. I couldn't ask for more...Sometimes I don't know how I got so lucky! Here are some fun pics from that day and also a look back:

Photobucket
The Happy Family

Photobucket
Kissing...Ooo Gross! Sorry, couldn't help it!


Photobucket
Russ with my wonderful, supportive parents. They let me and my kids hang out at their house a lot while Russell needed quiet time to do his homework. I guess he won't be kicking us out on Saturdays anymore!


Photobucket
Can you tell we are happy?!

Photobucket
Miss Mylie thought she was hot stuff walking around outside on the grass. By the way, she started walking a couple weeks ago! I guess this is a good time to add that little bit of info as well. She is such a cute, tiny, peanut walking around. (She only weighs about 15 pounds or so, so it looks pretty cute!)

Photobucket


Photobucket
Daddy and Mylie. She looks pretty darn happy, too! I think she was just relieved to get out of that boring convocation where she had to hold still!

Photobucket
We were so lucky for such beautiful weather that day! That morning I went running in the rain, but by the afternoon, it was BEAUtiful! And Weber State really has such a gorgeous campus! Check out the beautiful mountains in the background!

Photobucket
Daddy and Bennett!

Photobucket
Dad and his kids. We love you Daddy!


Photobucket
The beautiful spring blossoms were "raining" on Bennett! Oh, and thanks for the Vitamin Water sponsors that kept Bennett entertained throughout the convocation. Even though he got his head bit off by the usher at the Browning Center! "YOU CAN'T TAKE THOSE IN THERE! PUT THEM AWAY!!!" Poor kid.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Beautiful Blossoms!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Congrats to our sister-in-law, Kristin, who also graduated with her Family Studies Major that day. Kind of nice that they both graduated from the same college of studies so we could be there for that as well!


A LOOK BACK
I know this post is getting long, but I couldn't help but remember our undergrads that we got 5 years ago. Was it really that long ago?

Photobucket
Kissing again? Sorry. I guess we couldn't help it then either.

Photobucket
Here are some friends from my Elementary Education Degree class. Many of them I have no idea where they are and what they are doing now! But some of you, you know who you are, might appreciate these pics!

Photobucket
Does it look my head is coming off in this picture? It probably was.

Photobucket

Photobucket
What a goof!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats Russell! How exciting to be done.

Heather K said...

How awesome! It has to be a great feeling for your family to have schooling finished!! I love all of your pictures. Can't wait for you to take ours! :)

Harkness said...

Congrats again Russell!

Sean and Hollee said...

Congrats Russell! Emily isn't it the best feeling knowing they are (hopefully) done. You guys have the cutest little family.

Lindsey Rose said...

I LOVE THESE PICTS! I was laughing out loud about your head coming off! I remember this like it was yesterday, I can't belive it has been five years! Before I saw our picts his grad picts reminded me of us taking alll those pictures. Thanks for posting them! Congrats to Russell too! We are proud of him! You guys look darling!