Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day~First Grade

I know I echo other mom's when I say, I just can't believe how fast my kids are growing up! And I can't believe Bennett is in First Grade!!!

Boy, was he excited that morning. I love the "honeymoon stage" when they get up early, get ready fast, and are ready and waiting well before the bus arrives. (The stage has already past, and we are shoveling down the cereal one minute before the bus is scheduled to arrive.)

Needless to say, he was up and ready fast, and even asking me to take his pictures when it was still dark outside. And he sure looked handsome! He chose his "first day of school shirt" and liked it because it was very colorful. He even chose all of his own poses in these pictures. He thought it was cool becaus it was his FIRST day of school and it was FIRST grade.











He has been enjoying first grade, loves taking Spanish, and is trying hard to always be good. He forgets to bring home his lunchbox at least half the time, and is working on eating fast enough to finish the food he takes to school. Usually his leftovers (if he brings them home) are his afterschool snack. He sure misses Mylie and Coy, and they miss him. But I think I miss him the most! The days seem long for me and it is hard to think that the majority of his days are spent outside of my care! He now has a huge part of his life that I am no longer really a part of, and it is hard for me to get used to! I am looking forward to the second quarter when they will open the classroom to parent volunteers!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe our kids are all getting so big! Cute pictures!

The Monson Family said...

He's so cute! I love his #1 poses. What a funny guy.